The Morano's

The Morano's
Doug, Emma, Sue and Evan

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Evan's second sleep study

A week and a half ago we went for a second sleep study for Evan. I was amazed at how well he did with all the probes and electrodes being hooked up while he was awake. The only thing that the nurse waited to do was the tubes that went in his nose. He slept from 7:15 pm until 2am. They let me sleep until 4am (they didn't know that this was my only morning to sleep in that whole week. I got one extra hour of sleep)




The results show that Evan was arroused from sleep some 70 times an hour. A mild issue. The doctor wants us to give Evan rapid acting melatonin spray to go to sleep and slow release melatonin to keep him from waking up before dawn. I bet she could have told us that without spending thousands of dollars but either way I sure hope it helps.

Sue

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Praying this helps!
Glad you got to sleep in! :)
Girl, I don't know how you do it! There must be some strong coffee in your area! :)
Love ya!